Report Dry Weeds that May Be Fire Hazards:
If you’re concerned about dry weeds that you feel are fire hazards, contact your local fire department:
- Reno Fire – 334-2300 (for Reno and Washoe County)
- Sparks Fire Prevention Bureau – 353-2266
- Sierra Fire Protection District – 849-1108. For Verdi, Galena, West Washoe Valley and the west side of Cold Springs; can also request a free courtesy property inspection to learn about defensible space.
Report Nuisance Weeds:
If you’d like to report unsightly or nuisance weeds, contact your code enforcement officer:
- RenoDirect, 334-4636 or RenoDirect@reno.gov. Visit the City of Reno Code Enforcement Division website for the code.
- Sparks, 353-4063. Visit the City of Sparks Code Enforcement website for the code.
- Washoe County Code Enforcement, 328-6106. Visit the Washoe County Code Enforcement website for the code.
Report Noxious Weeds:
To report a noxious weed, complete the Nevada Department of Agriculture’s online Noxious Weeds Complaint Form.