You Can Make A Difference
Invasive weeds affect us all – as homeowners, taxpayers, consumers, tourists, and land managers. Invasive weeds move in, take over, and are very difficult to control. They affect your neighborhood by:
- Costing you money for control
- Decreasing property values
- Ruining trails and parks
- Increasing fire danger
- Destroying wildlife habitat
- Reducing opportunities for hunting, fishing, camping, and other recreational activities
- Damaging water quality
- Ruining your view – and your enjoyment of your neighborhood
What can you do?
- Click here to volunteer!
- Learn to recognize the Dirty Dozen problem weeds that may invade your neighborhood in the Truckee Meadows.
If you find one:
- Submit a report.
- Learn how you can help prevent the spread of invasive weeds.
- Get involved in weeds management groups, and join in volunteer activities.
- Come to the next meeting of the Truckee Meadows Weed Coordinating Group.